Monday, October 28, 2013

In Memory of Ringo

It was a long hard battle fought. It started Labor Day weekend. Ringo was unable to stand and after hours at the emergency vet we were told he had the spine of a 13 year old. He was 8 1/2. Pain meds and many, many trips to the vet seemed to help some. After a month though and knowing he was still in horrible pain, I had to make the difficult decision to let him go. It has been three weeks but feels like yesterday....
Sometimes we connect with an animal. We connected from day one and though I have other dogs that I dearly love, Ringo was different. For 8 1/2 years he was my loyal shadow and was never more than a few feet away. When I wasn't home he would wait at the gate, follow me to the house and as soon as I got out of the car he would greet me with a present. Sticks, shoes, gloves, always a welcome home gift. I feel lost without my shadow and my heart is broken but I know he is not in pain anymore. 
We buried Ringo by the gate where he faithfully spent many hours waiting for me. I am in the process of creating a memorial garden. Goodbye my friend.
Ringo



3 comments: