Monday, June 11, 2018

Solar Sun Oven

I have wanted a sun oven for years. The concept of using the sun to cook has always intrigued me and I finally stumbled on a deal I couldn't refuse! Anything that bakes in a regular oven can be baked in the solar oven, even bread and cookies. Today I cooked a whole meal in it.
I set it out around 11 this morning and while it preheated I put my meal together.

My menu was chicken quarters over a medley of root veggies of purple sweet potatoes, carrots and Jerusalem artichokes. I seasoned them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
The oven was ready to go so I popped my covered roaster in and walked away. The only thing I did was occasionally reposition it in the direction of the sun.
Supper was served at 6:30 this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment