Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Medicinal Herb Bed- Done!

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself. I have been patiently waiting (well not really) for hubby to help me get my medicinal herb bed built. Several weeks back I bought a bunch of herbs and have been having to keep them watered. I had picked up the corner block already but needed the boards. After several nights of him skipping Lowe's I made the decision I would do it myself. Now, I have never gone and bought lumber alone, always with hubby. I have watched how he looks down the board and makes sure it it nice and straight. I had this. Off I went. Wouldn't you know what I needed was way back under the shelf. I was climbing up under and had found 3 nice straight ones when a kind young man took pity on me and asked to help. I paid for my boards and proudly loaded them up, once again all by myself!
To construct the bed I needed 2 boards cut in half. Well after my lumber run I was feeling pretty confident and said to self, Self you have watched hubby use his skill saw for years, you can do it! Once home I drug out the drop cords, saw horses and skill saw. Amazingly, I cut both boards exactly right and did so without loosing any body parts!
I put all his stuff up, exactly how I found it and headed to the garden to construct my bed.

I put down weed block under the bed to hopefully keep out some of the grass. Ta-da! Here is the finished product.

 To his credit he did help me level one corner and put 2 scoops of topsoil in it with the tractor which saved me a lot of backbreaking work. This is the finished bed, planted and mulched,
I plan to build several more along the side of the garden. One for culinary herbs and 2 or 3 for new asparagus beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment