Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! Welcome 2014!

I can't believe another year has passed. It seems the older I get the quicker the years go by. Hah! However, I do love the month of January. If you have followed my blog for a while you know this is the month I plot and plan for the coming year. I ponder what has worked (and not) over the last year. January is the month I FINALLY allow myself to look at all the seed catalogs that have been piling up for the last few weeks. That is truly a treat. Sis and I have already made a date for Friday to plow through the catalogs and plan for spring.
So today while our traditional new year's supper simmers on the stove I will grab my trusty notebook and dream.
On the list so far:
A new blackberry and raspberry patch. Add more fig trees. Replace the apple trees the sheep ate. Have the newly purchased 6 acres logged and planted for new pasture. Move the pomegranate trees to a sunnier area. FINISH cold frames..... I seem to see a pattern here. Definitely wanting to add more edible landscaping!
On the animal front we are planning on adding pigs and cutting back on the turkeys. We are also beginning to look for a new personal guard dog. Lots of exciting plans for the new year. I hope you follow along and see our progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment